Thursday, March 6, 2014

Retrospect

I have decided to compete for Miss Grand Canyon after a very encouraging conversation from a beautifully dedicated friend of mine. My admiration for her give me hope to carry that in myself one day. With that being said, I am faced again with the last open pageant of the season. I was sad I did not make it to Miss Arizona last year, but after everything I went through in 2013, I can now understand why things happened the way they did. I know everything has a reason. I also understand that I may never know that reason. But I accept it and move forward. I look forward to compete with 8 other women competing for the title of Miss Grand Canyon 2014. All 9 of us deserve the crown, but its not about who deserves it. Its about who's time is right. We will all have our time and until then we have to know we are just not ready. We have to know something else is coming in our lives and it was not meant to be to become a titleholder this year. I have made so many friends this year and I am grateful for each chance I take in life. Retrospect is an unusual thing in my life. I seem to find it when I feel most centered. As I grow further into an adult I am seeing it more often. Retrospect is making me humbled and grateful. I love it.
XO-A

No comments:

Post a Comment