Saturday, August 2, 2014

1 YEAR!!!!

In one week I will be celebrating an entire year since my transplant! I am having a family BBQ that weekend so I will be too busy to write a blog entry, so I am doing it now! It is incredible how much a person's life can change in so many various ways through 1 year. Since August 8, 2013, my life can be described in so many different ways. It's been celebratory, trying, relieving, gruesome, breathtaking (no pun intended...well maybe), scary, prideful, gratifying, and so much more I could name off. Most of all,  my life this past year has been beautiful. My life changed forever, not just that I had a new chance. I had to learn to live a new and different life. I had to learn to live with the extreme side effects of my new medications and how to manage them. I had to learn how to physically breathe again. I have come a long way but still have years of letting my guard down to allow myself to do things I was limited to before. I also have to learn that I can breathe but am not in the clear, I still have to monitor my health very close. Through my new life changes, I am so delighted and inspired by my new chance. I love my new lungs and the true feeling of breathing! I feel so renewed as a person. I view and feel the world and people so differently now, and in such a positive and giving way. I am forever thankful for my new opportunities and adventures! Become an organ donor and you could change someone's life forever. Become a hero today at donatelife.net

Love,
A

1 comment:

  1. Truly amazing! It's been a year filled of roller coaster rides for you, from highs to lows. You showed the true meaning of courage, by soldiering on and trying your best to live the life you deserve, despite all the hardships and pain life has thrown out to you. That fact alone makes you admirable and worthy of imitation by others struggling with similar or equally difficult situations. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I wish you all the best!

    Brandi Kennedy @ Restoration Counseling

    ReplyDelete