Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Miss Tucson Pageant Results AND the Future

This past weekend I competed for 3 titles: Miss Tucson Desert Rose, Miss Tucson Old Pueblo, and Miss Tucson Del Sol. I did not win any of these. I did however win another Quality of Life Award. I have been pondering on this thought for a while and I have made my decision. I am going into retirement from pageants for a while. Pageants have been a part of my life for the past 4 years and I have loved every experience I have been fortunate enough to have. I no longer love pageantry like I used to. I am slightly discouraged but more so yearning for a different kind of life. I have been offered an amazing job and am really focusing on school. I want to be able to fully enjoy this summer working at a bar and restaurant on the river. I want to experience new things in life and right now I feel like pageants keep me from doing that only by the dedication I put into pageants. I never do things half-ass, always to the fullest. So in doing pageants I always put in 100% all the time. I am a little sad leaving an organization I love so much, but I know I have years to get back into it. I wish all of my friends the best of luck at state this year and always. Some day I may get back into pageantry. I'll always be around but my heart is leading me into a different direction. I am so grateful to all those who have supported me in this. I will never forget my experiences. I am so excited to watch my pageant sisters grow! New adventures are coming for me and I can't wait to see what comes next in my life!
XO-A

No comments:

Post a Comment